Medifast is one of the best-known companies that is currently in the meal delivery industry. They have been in business since 1980 offering meals that are designed specifically to help customers lose weight and improve their health. This is done largely by ensuring all their foods follow a low-glycemic index formula that makes losing weight easier than ever. They have been recommended by more than 20,000 doctors and continue to be the company of choice for millions of people who want to eat great food while still losing weight.
What Sets Medifast Apart?
This meal delivery service is focused on helping people to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight once they have reached their goals. To help with this, they really don’t offer any traditional desserts, dairy, and other options that may be found with other services. To put it simply, the big thing that sets this service apart from the rest is the reason behind why people sign up. While their services are certainly convenient, that is not the main purpose behind them. Their foods are also pretty good, but again, the main goal is weight loss, not having the best tasting menu out there. Medifast also provides all the food needed for a day (primarily through meal replacement options), not just individual meals.
How to Use Medifast
Medifast is not like traditional meal delivery services, so have that in mind right from the beginning. If you aren’t looking at this as a weight loss/diet plan, it likely isn’t a good option. For those who do want to lose weight, and then maintain a healthy weight, however, this service may be the ideal choice. The following points will help to understand how to successfully use this meal service:
- Frequent Meals – This plan has you eating a meal (or meal replacement) every 2-3 hours throughout the waking day. This is done to help prevent hunger, so you don’t turn to unhealthy snacks.
- Very Simple – The plan is very simple. You consume the Medifast meal replacement options according to a set schedule. Then for your standard meals you enjoy whatever is set up for the day. If you follow the plan, you will lose weight and keep it off.
- Choosing Foods – Because this is a service focused on weight loss, there aren’t as many options as you will find with other companies. They do have quite a few good choices, however, and the foods are enjoyable. You will be giving up most carb-heavy options, but as far as diets go, the foods on this one aren’t bad at all.
- Work with the Nutrition Team – If you aren’t sure exactly which meal plan is right for you, they have a team of nutrition experts on staff who can help you. You can call them or use their live chat service to get advice on which meal plan is best in your situation.
- Proven Results – It is hard to argue with the results Medifast has given to people who follow their plan. It has been around since 1980 and millions of people have lost weight using this program.
As with any diet or weight loss program, the important thing to keep in mind here is that it has to be a permanent change. If you follow their plan and lose the weight, you will put it right back on again if you stop following the plan. It is not required that you keep purchasing the food from Medifast after losing the weight but making sure to choose foods that follow that program is essential for maintaining results.
About the Food
This service is all about helping people to lose weight and keep it off. Their foods are all going to be low-glycemic index options, which means relatively low in carbohydrates. For many people who have diabetes, this can be a perfection option. Foods low on the glycemic index are best for losing weight regardless of whether you are diabetic or not. They allow the body to burn fat more easily, which is exactly what you want.
Most of the meals you eat are going to be the Medifast meal replacement options. They are formulated to help you feel full and avoid cravings. These options also taste surprisingly good for being low in sugars and containing all the nutrients you need.
There is no mobile app available from Medifast. Their website will load nicely on any mobile device, however, so you can order your meals and make changes without a problem. While it would be nice to have a mobile app available, it really isn’t as important with this service. You aren’t going to be logging in to make changes to your weekly meals like other delivery services, and there isn’t too much of a need to track your foods like diet programs often require.
The prices are quite reasonable when you look at the foods you get. They have a 30-day gluten free option, for example, that starts at just $341. This option provides you with 5 Medifast meals per day, which you then supplement with a meal you purchase yourself. The do list what you should be eating for that meal. If this price were for 5 traditional meals per day, it would be extremely inexpensive. The point of Medifast, however, is that you consume 6 small meals per day. So, when your first kit arrives don’t be surprised at the small portion size of each of these items. Even with that in mind, however, the prices from Medifast are very affordable.
The customer service team is easy to work with and more than happy to help you with anything you need. There really isn’t too much that most people will need help with after they first get signed up. While in the signup process, however, it is a great idea to reach out to them to discuss your specific situation and get advice on what meal plans to order. You can get in touch with them weekdays from 8AM-11PM Eastern time, and on Saturdays from 9AM-6PM. You can give them a call at 1-800-209-0878 or use their online chat feature or contact form (email).
If you are looking to lose weight and keep it off, following this plan will absolutely help you reach those goals. The service has been around for decades and has tons of great success stories. While Medifast is definitely not for everyone, those who need a good weight loss plan will definitely want to consider signing up for this proven program.